Friday, September 12, 2008

The Moon bed

The Moon bed, named for it's crecent shape, hugs the edge of lawn furthest from the house. A neon purple Russian Sage is going to be beautiful backdrop for the lawn. I also have a neat box leaf Hebe (my garden book says it can grow to 6 feet!) and a rock with a very pretty grass I have not yet identified. At each tip of the moon I planted lavenders. I also planted lavenders on the other bed that hugs the grass. I'd like to say I hope they'll be pretty, but right now I just hope they will stay alive. They're telling me I can't cure their transplant blues with water...so leaving it alone to help it live is a hard one...I'm watching them carefully. In fact, I'm doing a test, watering two (probably a bit too much) and the other two I am leaving alone but still watering occassionally. I'll see who does better & take it from there.

No comments: