Friday, September 12, 2008

Euphorbia monster


A Euphorbia I picked up on a garden tour in West Seattle a month ago. Although looking pretty and modest with only 2 limbs at the moment, I know this one is going to be bold. A sea monster reaching for a dainty coral skinned girl. One of the gardeners gave me two small maple trees, red hot pokers, and this beauty. I love how blue green it is...and I think this bed is going to have a coral and blue thing happening. I am planning on moving a Coral Bark Maple to this bed from the front yard landscape that the builder planted. One too many trees up front I think...and this bed could really use such a pretty addition of structure. The blue and coral is promising me it will look good with the rocks, the blue oat grass, the blue creeping juniper and the burgany tipped semperviviums. AH! I'm definitely excited about this area. It will eventually have the garden shed against it's back, to be painted the color of our house (light grey).

No comments: