Saturday, October 2, 2010

Vegetable Garden


The two tomato gardens have not been a disappointment. Even in such a short season, I've received such an abundance of fruit, and I've been able to give many bags away to friends and family. September seemed to bring everything into ripening mode.

The Borage in the middle of the tomato garden is seeding like crazy. I may have borage coming up in many unexpected places next Spring.

Still enjoying these...and the heirloom tomatoes are finally ripening, although I keep giving them to friends and forget to snap a photo first.

The vegetable garden is going well as the cooler season comes on. Lettuce, thai basil, parsnips, leeks, parsley, arugula, bunching onion, marigolds, beets, ruby orach, kale, butternut squash, cress, chard, french endive, shallots, jalapeno. If they only knew, I plan to rip them out and do a cover crop for the winter to enhance the soil for next year...sorry guys!




No comments: