Friday, September 17, 2010

Good Combinations

Aster and Euphorbia in the South hill garden.

Still one of my favorites, the autumn joy sedum with russian sage...I think the Russian sage brings an ethereal quality to everything around it.

Autumn crocus opening amongst leucothoe foliage and lavender.


Iris blades are now hidden behind, and their flowers should float above next May.

The young Japanese maple tree is so small it's branches reach down & mingle with the leucothoe.


Verbena Bonariensis blooms bob around in the wind, here they bounce against a maple.

I like the silver blue of the lambs ear with the yellow and violet.

And the russian sage is doing a peacock thing with the bird bath.

The lemon thyme is reminding me of an old the fashions of dress around a waist.

Juniper in a new home, under the smoke bush.

And newbies to the garden, mexican feather grass 'pony tails' with Diablo ninebark.

This is back in the compost garden, can you believe that orange poppy is one plant?! I know it can seed crazily, but I thought I would let it go back here where we have a bit of a bark triangle around the compost station.

No comments: