Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Plants!

My husband spoils me and takes me to the neighborhood plant sales all weekend long. Nice ladies who know their gardening stuff, surprising selections of flowers and natives, and the best part, excellent prices. I love it! Here are some newcomers:
Corsican Mint has been placed just about everywhere we could find. At .30 cents for a 4 inch pot...I had to go crazy and buy 60+, wouldn't you? It forms an inch thick mat you can walk on and smells of stingent mint (delicious).

Wine colored daylily.

Agastache. This is another first for me. Foliage smells like oranges...really nice. This is a few sprigs but my neiborhood garden expert tells me I'll be dividing a large clump in no time.

Zinnias...giants. I never can get these to grow because I forget to water them, so starting with a plant instead of seed is probably a wise move.

Thumbelina and Lilliput Zinnias, 6" to a foot tall. Come on butterflies.

Autumn Joy sedum...3 new plants. Amazingly, these were free.

Inside-out flower. Will have to wait to see the inverted bloom shape.

A couple Columbines.


Hostas.

Michaelmas Daisy, Purple.

Newbies not pictured:
Bishop's Cap
Michaelmas Daisy Blue
Michaelmas Daisy White
Artemesia
Pasque flower
Clematis
Autumn Fern
Coral Bells
Monarda
Oregon Grape
Perennial Sunflower
Zucchini Round
Early straight yellow squash
White squash
Kale

No comments: