Friday, May 21, 2010

Indoor Seed Starting Trays

Here's my lucky find from last weekend's garage sale hunting: Seed starting kits from Lee Valley! More flower seeds started indoors on: 5/19/10...

(Plants in lists are located right to left & front to back in trays).
Tray #1
Yellow Alaskan Poppy from Helga
Papaver Orientale, red oriental poppy
Echinecea, Purple Coneflower
Rudbekia, Black eyed Susans
Cerinthe 'Purple Bells'
Hollyhock 'Black Watchman'

Tray #2:
Fairy Wands (2 rows) (I gathered this seed from the plant I love).
Cerinthe (2 cells) and Pickling Cucumber (2 cells) from Reese
Cerinthe 'Purple Bells'
Yellow Alaskan Poppy from Helga
Echinecea, Purple Coneflower (I always crave this plant but it runs quite expensive. I just realized you can start it from seed-I can't believe I never knew that!)

Tray #3
Branching Sunflowers: Pro-Cut Peach, Pro-Cut Yellow Lite, Goldburst, Pro-Cut Bi-Color
Branching Sunflowers: Claret, Soraya, Indian Blanket, Stella Gold
Slicing Cucumber (2 cells) Lemon Cucumber (2 cells)
Unknown Poppy (seed collected from old house)
Nasturtium 'Alaska'
Canna Lily from Helga

Tray #4
Aquiligea, Columbine: Light Blue or White
Delphinium 'Dwarf'
Pink and red Hollyhocks from Helga
Nepeta, Catnip
Branching Sunflowers: Chianti, Aura Gold, Lemon Eclair, Floristan
Branching Sunflowers: Moonshadow, Ring of Fire, Cherry Rose, Lemon Sorbet

Left under the warm kitchen counter lights to sprout...

I have one tray left that is waiting for the sunflowers that I am testing for sproutablity in wet paper towels. If those sprout, then I will also have the following starting indoors:
Pro-Cut Peach
Gold Burst
Soraya
Lemon Sorbet

No comments: